Job Title – Therapeutic Family Worker
We wish to recruit a Therapeutic Family Worker with a generic specialism.
The post will establish a recovery support programme for friends, relatives, clients and internal staff who have suffered through bereavement and or a profound sense of loss due to the effects of someone else’s substance misuse.
The above identified ‘loss’ may come into being due to another person’s ongoing issues with addiction, mental or physical harm, character changes or exclusion from family contact or detachment as a result of a prison sentence or residential treatment.
We will also develop relevant therapies by buying in external specialist therapists where required.
PVG Scheme Membership is required for this post.
Alternatives operates an Equal Opportunities Policy.
Place of work: All locations within Alternatives WD CDS and West Dunbartonshire.
Employer: Alternatives West Dunbartonshire Community Drug Services (Alternatives)
Reporting to: Depute Manager of Alternatives WD CDS
Salary: £24,918.62 – There is a contributory Pension of up to 6%.
Hours: 35hrs per week
Key Accountabilities / Tasks:
- To stablish a Therapeutic Family Service to support families and community members suffering due to bereavement and or a sense of ‘loss’ linked to substance misuse.
- To hold a caseload and undertake key worker responsibilities such as report writing and record keeping.
- To facilitate individual counselling and support sessions to families, staff members, clients, volunteers and peers affected by someone else’s substance misuse
- To establish and support the delivery of a therapeutic group work programme.
- To maintain a clear record of all activities via the recording system used by the service.
- Work as part of the team developing and contributing to the provision of services for families within the remit of the service.
- To work in partnership to assist in the development of protocols and delivery mechanisms to enable families to access appropriate interventions
- Contribute to the review and development of the service
- To encourage user and community participation in the delivery of services by using appropriate networks to raise awareness of the service within statutory, voluntary and independent organisations.
- To set up and maintain strong links with the WD Recovery Community; Addictions Services, National and Local support agencies
- To be willing to undertake evening/weekend work as directed.
- To support other duties as may be directed by the Project Manager.
Apply using electronic form in Job Description download below.
This should be returned by 12.00p.m. on Friday 28th October 2022, by email to email@example.com .
Please add your surname to the name of the file as you save it before sending.
LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.